The Sporting repository, containing horse-racing, hunting, coursing, shooting, archery, trotting, and tandem matches, cocking, pedestrianism, pugilism, anecdotes on sporting subjects, interspersed with essays, tales, and a great variety of miscellaneous articles.
- London, Printed by W. Lewis for Thomas McLean, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- vi p., 1 l., 540 p. 19 col. p. 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2091Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The periodical was reprinted in 1904.
Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, A13
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. Octavo. A complete set. One volume contains 6 numbers: Volume I, No. 1 (1/15/1822) - Volume I, No. 6 (6/15/1822). Mid-19th century tan half calf, and marbled board covers; blind stamped on front and back covers, gold stamping on spine, black leather label with gold lettering on spine. 1-13 aquatints, 15-16 lithographs, 14, 17-19 etchings, colored by hand, most of which are hand-colored by Henry Alken. There is one wood-engraving in the text. Spine height: 9 1/2 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Periodicals.Sports -- Periodicals.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.