A catalogue of a genuine and valuable collection of topographical prints and drawings in England and Wales, the most extensive ever offered to public sale : which will be sold by auction, on Friday, December 11, 1795, and the three following days, (Sunday excepted) by Leigh and Sotheby, booksellers, at their house in York-Street, Covent-Garden, where catalogues may be had.
- [London] : [Leigh and Sotheby], 
- Physical Description:
- , 40 pages ; 23 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5247 .C66 1795Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- '"This collection was the property of Dr. Coombs a physician who had prepared this catalogue in order to sell it by auction but the whole was purchased by private contract by John Symmons Esqr. at the price of £650."--Getty provenance index.
BEIN X348 S71 1791-99: No.  of  in v. with binder's title: Sotheby. Auction catalogues 1791-1799.
Signatures: [A]1 B-F⁴.
Lugt, F. Répertoire des catalogues de ventes publiques, 5388
Getty provenance index databases, sale catalog Br-2133
Date of sale: December 11-14, 1795.
Place of sale: London.
BAC: British Art Center copy is not annotated. MS inscription on title page: "This was the capital collection of Dr. Combe of Bloomsbury, and after being 3 days on view, was disposed of by private contract the evening before it was announced for public sale."
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections -- Great Britain -- Catalogs.Art auctions -- England -- London -- Catalogs.Catalogs, Booksellers' -- England -- London -- Early works to 1800.Combs, Charles, 1743-1776 -- Art collections -- Catalogs.Drawings, English -- Catalogs.Prints, English -- Catalogs.Topographical drawing -- Catalogs.
- Auction catalogues -- England -- London -- 1795.
YCBA Collections Search
Leigh and Sotheby, A catalogue of a genuine and valuable collection of topographical prints and drawings in England and Wales, the most extensive ever offered to public sale , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.