The Oracle of rural life, 1839-1844
- The Oracle of rural life.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Illustrated book of rural sports
- London : A. H. Baily & Co. ... and B. B. King ...,, 1839-1844.
London : Printed by J. L. Cox and Sons,
- Physical Description:
- 2 volumes : illustrations ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV191.2 .O73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Uzn10 Sp59 copy 2: Covers and advertisements in place.
Illustrations by Richard Parr; after William Barraud.
Added engraved title page.
"An almanack for sportsmen and country gentlemen."
BAC: British Art Center bound in publisher's Dark green cloth; gold huntsman on front cover, gold decoration and gold lettering on spine, blind stamped on front and back covers, "Book of Rural Sports" is stamped in gilt on spines of both cloth-bound volumes. The title of issue is "Book of Rural Sports". (Periodical publication with title changes.) 2 volumes containing 6 annual issues: Volume I: 1839, 1840, 1841, and Volume II: 1842, 1843, 1844. Plates of engravings in both volumes.
- Subject Terms:
- Country life -- Great Britain.Fishing -- Great Britain.Hunting -- Great Britain.King, B. B. -- Publisher.Outdoor life -- Great Britain.Sports -- Great Britain.Sports -- Periodicals.
Engravings -- 1839-1844.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.