Pond, John, The sporting kalendar. , [1751-1757]
- The sporting kalendar. : Containing a distinct account of what plates and matches have been run for in ... an article for making a Newmarket match ... / by John Pond.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Pond's kalendar
- London: : Printed by G. Woodfall ..., [1751-1757]
- Physical Description:
- 7 v. ; 17 cm. (12mo in 6s)
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1751Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Head- and tail-pieces.
Each vol. contains "Rules observed in cocking", and a report on that year's cockfights.
First published for 1752?
Compiler: John Pond;
BAC: British Art Center copy: 7 volumes. 12 mo. Full tan calf, speckled black; maroon leather label with gold lettering and gold lines on spine, gold lettering on spine, gold lines on front and back covers and spine, all edges speckled red. Spine height: 6 5/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Cockfighting -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.Horse racing -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.Horse racing -- Great Britain.Horse racing -- Periodicals.Race horses -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.