United States sporting magazine
- United States sporting magazine : and annals of the American and English turf.
- New-York : Printed and published by Scott & co.
- Physical Description:
- 1 v. : plates (some fold.) ; 24-25 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2315Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, A25
BEIN NL10 Un3: In parts, all issues in original covers; no.3-5 want covers; no. 9 wants front and back cover; no. 10 cover, front. p.119-22 damaged.
BAC: British Art Center copy: Edited by C.R. Colden. Parts 1-10. November 1835-August 1836. Untrimmed. Volume 1 (Nos 1-6) bound in half brown levant morocco. Parts 7-10 are in original green paper printed wrappers. Parts 9 & 10 are repaired. In two dark blue morocco slip-cases; gold lettering on spine. Volumes I and II are boxed together in pull-off case. Illustrated with 12 plates of engravings and wood engravings in text. Spine height: 11 inches.
Edited by C. R. Colden.
A successor to Colden's New York Sporting Magazine.
- Subject Terms:
- Eberstadt, Lindley -- Bookplate.Horse racing -- Periodicals.Sports -- Periodicals.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.