The Sportsman, 1833-1834
- The Sportsman.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Sportsman (London, England : 1833)
- [London?] : Joseph Pardon, 1833-1834.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 2095Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, A22
Vol. 1 issued in 41 weekly numbers and also combined in 9 parts, each with plate, of which this set contains covers to parts 6 and 7 and plates of parts 6-9. Vol. 2 issued in 6 monthly numbers, eachwith plate, of which this set contains covers to numbers 1 and 6 and 6 plates.
BAC: British Art Center copy: 23 volumes: Volume I: Whole No. 1 (8/31/1833) - No. 41 (5/31/1834) through Volume VI of "New Series" (#11 on spine), No. 1 (1/1839) - No. 6 (6/1839). "Second Series": No. 1 (1/1839) (#12 on spine) - No. 6 (12/1839) through Volume XII (#23 on spine) (1/1845 - 6/1845). Monthly numbering ceased in the "Second Series" with Volume III, No. 6 (6/1843). Tan half calf, and tan cloth; green leather labels and red leather labels with gold lettering on spine, gold tooling and stamping on spines, gold lines on front and back covers, top edges gilt. Illustrations, plates of engravings, folding plates. Spine heights: 9 inches. to 9 5/8 inches.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Periodicals.Hunting -- Periodicals.Sports -- Periodicals.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.