The New-York sporting magazine : and annals of the American and English turf : a work entirely dedicated to sporting subjects and fancy pursuits ... Illustrated with engravings and striking representations of the various subjects.
- New York : Printed for the editor and proprietor, C.R. Colden, by Jared Bell.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : plates (some col., some fold.) ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSporting 1596Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Podeschi, J.B. Books on the horse and horsemanship, A21
BEIN Uzfe60 +N48: In parts as issued, all with original covers except v.1, no.6-7, 10-11, v.2, no. 1-5.
BAC: British Art Center copy: First edition. 2 volumes. Quarto. A complete set of this monthly magazine. Contemporary speckled brown half sheep, and marbled board covers; brown label with gold lettering on spine. Spine height: 11 1/2 inches. In one dark grey cloth case; gold lettering on spine. Volume I: Nos 1-12 (Feb. 1834), hand-colored etchings, errata slip. Volume II: Nos 1-6 (Dec. 1834), uncolored etchings, with the supplementary "Racing Calendar 1834". Spine height: 12 inches.
Publication suspended between the issues of Feb. and July 1834; "Racing calendar: 1834",46 p., issued under covers of v.2; similar material for 1832-1833 appears within the text of v.1.
- Subject Terms:
- Horse racing -- Periodicals.Hunting -- Periodicals.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.