A treatise of architecture : with remarks and observations / by that excellent master thereof Sebastian LeClerc ... ; necessary for young people who would apply to that noble art ; engraven in CLXXXI copper plates by John Sturt ; translated by Mr. Chambers.
- Additional Title(s):
Traite d'architecture avec les remarques et des observations. English.
- London : Sold by Mr. Richd. Ware at the Bible and Sun at Amen corner ..., 1724.
- Physical Description:
- ,  leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 21 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2515 L44 1724Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- First published in french in Paris in 1714.
Fowler architectural collection of the Johns Hopkins University, 144
English short title catalogue, T208309
Does not include the remarks and observations.
BAC: Plate 79 wanting.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers, 1556-1785. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994, c1990. 483
Trade issue offered for sale for 17 shillings in October 1724 when subscribers had received their copies the previous August. Cf. Harris.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture -- Study and teaching -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1724.Ware, Richard -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Le Clerc, Sébastien, 1637-1714, A treatise of architecture , 1724
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.