The cabinet and chair-maker's real friend and companion, or, The whole system of chair making made plain and easy : containing upwards of one hundred new and useful designs for all sorts of chairs ... / the whole invented and drawn by Robert Manwaring : and ... engraved on forty copper plates by Robert Pranker.
- Additional Title(s):
Cabinet and chair-maker's real friend and companion.
Whole system of chair making made plain and easy.
- London : Printed for I. Taylor in Holborn near Chancery Lane, 1775.
- Physical Description:
- 23 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK2260 M36 1775Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy contains, in manuscript: "Proposals agreed upon for completing the joiners work in the new house being built at Hullen Edge the property of J[oh]n. Armitage". Dated April 10, 1811. Signed Abraham Hanson. Contains ms. notations of prices of articles and sketches of work to be built.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1775.Furniture -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Furniture design -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.House furnishings -- Great Britain -- Early works to 1800.Taylor, I. -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Manwaring, Robert, The cabinet and chair-maker's real friend and companion, or, The whole system of chair making made plain and easy , 1775
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.