The temple builder's most useful companion, being fifty entire new original designs for pleasure and recreation : consisting of plans, elevations and sections in the Greek, Roman, and Gothic taste : calculated for the ornamenting of parks, forests, woods, gardens ... &c. : together with a full explanation, in letter press, to each design, and exact scales for measurement / by Thomas Collins Overton.
- London : H. Webley, 1766.
- Physical Description:
- 19,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA8450 O9 1766Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Re-issue of 'Original designs of temples, and other ornamental buildings'.
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 610
BAC: British Art Center copy bound with : Grotesque architecture / by William Wrighte. London : H. Webley, 1767.
BAC: List of subscriber's: p. -.
Illustrations by Robert Pranker; after Thomas Collins Overton and S[amuel] Wale.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Architecture, Domestic -- Designs and plans -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1766.Garden structures -- Early works to 1800.Webley, Henry -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Overton, Thomas Collins, The temple builder's most useful companion, being fifty entire new original designs for pleasure and recreation , 1766
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.