The British carpenter, or, a treatise on carpentry : containing the most concise and authentick rules of that art ... / by Francis Price.
- Additional Title(s):
Treatise on carpentry.
Supplement to the British Architect.
- Sixth edition : corrected, and illustrated with sixty-two copperplates.
- London : Printed for A. Palladio, I. Jones and C. Wren, 1768.
- Physical Description:
- , 72 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTS835 P74 1768Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- P. -72 contains a Supplement to the British Architect; containing Palladio's orders of architecture.
English short title catalogue, N15569
Park, H. List of architectural books available in America before the Revolution, 67
Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 712
Added engraved t.p.
First comprehensive work on carpentry in English. Cf. Harris.
- Subject Terms:
- Building -- Early works to 1800.Carpentry -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1768.
YCBA Collections Search
Price, Francis, d. 1753, The British carpenter, or, a treatise on carpentry : containing the most concise and authentick rules of that art ... , 1768
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.