Bayley, John, -1869, The history and antiquities of the Tower of London , 1821-1825
- The history and antiquities of the Tower of London : with biographical anecdotes of royal and distinguished persons, deduced from records, state papers, and manuscripts, and from other original and authentic sources / by John Bayley, Esq., F.S.A. of the Honorable Society of the Inner Temple, and one of His Majesty's Sub-Commissioners on the Public Records ; in two parts ; Part I[-II].
- London : Printed for T. Cadell, in the Strand, 1821-1825.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687.T7 B39 1821+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Paged continuously.
Engravings by John Pye, H. Matlow, J. Barnett, William Cooke, William R. Smith, J. Lee, John Byrne, Robert Sands, H. Hobson, and W. Bond; after Frederick Nash and Edward Blore.
Printed by J. M'Creery, Tooks Court, Chancery Lane, London.
Paging: v. 1: xiv, , 272, xxxiv p., XXVII leaves of plates (1 folded); v. 2: vi, , 274-344 p., 345-352 leaves, 353-671, , xxxvi-cxxviii (i. e. cxxx),  p.
Leaves 345-352 are foliated, with "a" and "b" added on recto and verso respectively (e. g., leaf 345 recto numbered "345a", verso "345b"); numbers xli-xlii repeated in last sequence of paging.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 136
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter green morocco and marbled boards. Two bookplates: James Frothingham Hunnewell; Neate.
- Subject Terms:
- Cadell, T. -- Publisher.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1821-1825.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate. (BACRB)London (England) -- History.M'Creery, J. -- Printer.Neate -- Bookplate. (BACRB)Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1821-1825.Tower of London (London, England) -- History.
- Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.