The green ship / by Patrick Miller.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1936.
- Physical Description:
- , 5-181,  pages : illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6025.I55 G74 1936+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Title is engraved on wood by Eric Gill, across facing pages.
"Printed and published in Great Britain by Christopher Sandford, Francis J. Newbery and Owen Rutter at the Golden Cockerel Press, with eight wood-engravings by Eric Gill, and completed on May Day 1936. This edition is limited to 200 copies: 1 to 4 on vellum, 5 to 200 on British-mould made paper (5-66 being signed, full-bound, and accompanied by an extra set of the plates)."--Verso of title page.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 111
BEIN 1996 +18: No. 59 signed by author and artist. Accompanied by an extra suite of plates in gaylord marked as v. 2. Binder's stamp: Bound by S.& S., London.
BAC: British Art Center is no. 43 of 200; signed by author and engraver. Accompanied by an extra suite of Gill's eight wood engravings (removed to accompanying folder). Bound in green morocco by Sangoski & Sutcliffe.
- Subject Terms:
- English literature -- 20th century.Gill, Eric, 1882-1940 -- Autograph.Miller, Patrick, 1885-1949 -- Autograph.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Wood engravings -- 1936.
Binders' stamps (Binding) -- Sangorski & Sutcliffe.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.