Lear in Sicily : twenty line drawings by Edward Lear illustrating a tour made in May-July 1847 in the company of John Joshua Proby with a coloured frontispiece signed by both the travellers and a full introduction by Granville Proby.
- London : Duckworth, 3 Henrietta Street, London, W.C. 2, 1938.
Oxford : Printed in Great Britain by the Kemp Hall Press Ltd., in the City of Oxford
- Physical Description:
- 24 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 19 x 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC242.L4 A4 1938+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Michael D. Coe, Yale MAH 1968Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Errata slip tipped in, page 7.
Includes bibliographical references.
BEIN 1996 +41: Bookplate of Granville Proby with presentation inscription from him on bookplate, dated 1939.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original brown cloth. Presentation inscription: Francis. With joyous greetings & all good wishes. From Irene. Christmas 1944.
- Subject Terms:
- Carysfort, John Joshua Proby, Earl of, 1823-1858.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Kemp Hall Press -- Printer.Lear, Edward, 1812-1888 -- Travel -- Italy -- Sicily.Proby, Granville, 1883- -- Bookplate.Proby, Granville, 1883- -- Presentation incription.Sicily (Italy) -- Description and travel.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1938.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.