Delicious babies : a poem / by Penelope Shuttle ; with intaglio designs by Willow Legge.
- [London] : Circle Press, 1996.
- Physical Description:
-  double leaves : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L433 D4 1996+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.L433 D4 1996+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Ronald KingAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Eight blind-embossed illustrations carved from linoleum for a previously published poem ... Willow heard this poem read by the poet on a radio programme and, obsessed with babies as she is, wrote to the author for permission to illustrate her text ..."--Cooking the books.
"Poem taken from 'Taxing the rain' 1992."--Leaf preceding title page.
"Limited edition of 85 signed copies plus 15 artist's proofs; designed and printed by the artist on 250 gsm Somerset rag-made paper"--Colophon.
Cooking the books : Ron King and Circle Press, p. 176
Courtney, C. Looking book : a pocket history of Circle Press, p. 175.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 1 is no. 28 of a limited edition of 85 copies. Signed by the artist. Copy 2 is no. 82 of a limited edition of 85 copies. Signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.English poetry -- 20th century.Infants -- Pictorial works.Infants.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Embossed prints -- 1996.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.