David Livingstone and the Victorian encounter with Africa , 1996
David Livingstone and the Victorian encounter with Africa / National Portrait Gallery.
- London : National Portrait Gallery, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 239 p. : ill. (some col.), maps, ports., facsims. ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryDT1110 L58 D28 1996 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Articles & Chapters
- Authors: Tim Jeal ... et al.
Published to accompany the exhibition held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, England, Mar. 22-July 7, 1996; and at the Scottish Nati onal Portrait Gallery, Edinburgh, Scotland, July 26-Oct. 6, 1996.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 224-227) and index.
Text on lining papers.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, Southern -- Discovery and exploration -- British -- Exhibitions.Explorers -- Africa -- Biography.Explorers -- Scotland -- Biography.Livingstone, David, 1813-1873 -- Exhibitions.