Adventures in Americana, 1492-1897 : The romance of voyage and discovery from Spain to the Indies, the Spanish Main, and North America; inland to the Ohio country; on toward the Mississippi; through to California; over Chilkoot Pass to the gold fields of Alaska. Being a selection of books from the library of Herschel V. Jones, Minneapolis, Minnesota. With a preface by Dr. Wilberforce Eames.
- New York : Published by William Edwin Rudge, 1928.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : facsims. (some col.) ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryZ1207 .J65 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Title in black and red; within double-lined borders; vignette of an eagle.
"Two hundred copies for sale of this first edition printed by William Edwin Rudge, New York, April 1928. Typography of title-page by Bruce Rogers."
Annotated catalogue; 600 titles arranged in chronological order according to date of publication.
"With the advice of Wilberforce Eames this catalogue was made by Helen Fagg."
- Subject Terms:
- America -- Description and travel -- Bibliography.Frontier and pioneer life -- United States -- Bibliography.Rare books.United States -- Description and travel -- Bibliography.
YCBA Collections Search
Jones, Herschel V. (Herschel Vespasian), 1861-1928, Adventures in Americana, 1492-1897 , 1928