Comenius, Johann Amos, 1592-1670, The labyrinth of the world and the paradise of the heart , 1950
- The labyrinth of the world and the paradise of the heart / translated by Count Lutzow ; illustrations by Dorothea Braby.
- London : The Golden Cockerel Press, 1950.
- Physical Description:
- 271,  pages : color illustrations ; 26 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsBV4509.C8 C613 1950Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Title page printed in black and red.
"Designed, produced, and published by Christopher Sandford at the Golden Cockerel Press, 1-5 Poland Street, London. Composition and presswork under the supervision of C.R. Roberts. Compositors: E.D. Firmin and V.D. Green. Pressman: J. Bierman. The edition is limited to 370 copies of which nos. 1-70 are specially bound."--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 48 of 370, one of 70 specially bound by Sangorski & Sutcliffe in cream calf with gilt-stamped red morocco inlay on front and back covers.
- Subject Terms:
- Christian life.Private press books -- England -- London -- Specimens.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- London.
Color wood engravings.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.