[Pamphlets on architecture]
- [Pamphlets on architecture]
- Physical Description:
- 19 pamphlets.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA967 P36 1857Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center has two copies of: Who was the art architect of the Houses of Parliament / E. Welby Pugin. 1867. Copy 1 is bound with: Designs for the new palace of justice / by E. Welby Pugin. Ramsgate, 1867 and Notes on the reply of the late Alfred Barry / E. Welby Pugin. Second edition. London, 1868.
BAC: British Art Center copy contains extensive ms. notations.
- Report on civil construction / Captain Fowke. 1857 -- Legend of Waltham Abbey / W. Burges. 1860 -- Report made by order of the Dean and chapter on the state of the fabric of St. David's Cathedral / George Gilbert Scott. 1862 -- Second report on the state of the fabric of St. David's Cathedral / George Gilbert Scott. 1869 -- S. Nicholas' Church, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk. 1864 -- Restoration of Winchester City Cross / G.G. Scott.  -- Report of committee of subscribers with report of G.E. Street. Presented to a public meeting, held at the Council House, June 19, 1867. 1867., Who was the art architect of the House of Parliament / E. Welby Pugin. 1867 -- Reply to a pamphlet by E.W. Pugin entitled 'Who was the art architect of the House of Parliament' / Alfred Barry. 1868 -- Report to the Dean and Chapter of Christ Church Cathedral, Dublin, of the restoration of the Cathedral Church / George Edmund Street. 1868 -- New Law Courts / [Signed: Edward M. Barry]., and Correspondence relating to the site of the new courts and offices of law.  -- New law courts : statement by the Council of the Incorporated Law Society on the subject of the suggested change of site. 1869 -- New courts of justice / George Edmund Street. 1872 -- New law courts and the National Gallery / Edward M. Barry. 1872 -- Remarks and suggestions on the scheme for the completion of St. Paul's Cathedral / George Edmund Street. 1871 -- What shall be done with St. Paul's? / J.J. Micklethwaite. 1874 -- Description of Mr. Burges' models for the adornment of St. Paul's. 1874 -- Completion of St. Paul's / George Cavendish Bentinck. 1874.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Great Britain.Church architecture -- Great Britain.Public buildings -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.