Lamu / Mandy Bonnell.
- London : Paupers Press, .
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 31 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.B56 L3 1995+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "The edition is limited to 50 copies. Numbers 1-30 are bound in paper cover boards and numbers 31-50 are available individually ... The etchings were printed by Michael Taylor at Paupers Press, London. The text was set and printed by Graham Bignell at New North Press, London. The books were bound by Elizabeth Neville."--Colophon.
Facing the page : British artists' books p.31.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. , signed by the artist.
Concertina binding opens into one continuous piece.
"Lamu, an island off the East African coast, is one of the oldest towns in Kenya. This book is a view of Lamu seen from within a historic Swahili house in Stone Town. The twenty wood engravings are printed on a transparent Japanese tissue and float on top of the etchings."--Facing the page.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Kenya -- In art.Lamu (Kenya) -- In art.Paupers Press -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Accordion fold format (Binding)
Etchings -- 1995.
Wood engravings -- 1995.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.