Picture of Paris : being a complete guide to all the public buildings, places of amusement and curiosities in that metropolis : accompanied with six descriptive routes from the coast to Paris : with full directions to strangers on their first arrival in that capital : embellished with maps and views / by Louis Tronchet.
- Additional Title(s):
Tronchet's guide to Paris
Guide to Paris
- Third edition, corrected.
- London : Printed for Sherwood, Neely and Jones, 20, Paternoster-Row; 1814.
Sold also at Paris : by M. Galignani, no. 17, Vivienne Street, near the Palais royal; and Theo. Barrois, Jun., No. 11, Quai Voltaire, 1814.
- Physical Description:
- 252 p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDC708 .T76 1814Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title: Tronchet's guide to Paris.
Maps engraved by Samuel John Neele.
Printed by T. Davison, Lombard Street, Whitefriars, London.
Engraved vignette on t. p.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v.25, 663
BAC: British Art Center copy in original illustrated boards. Contains copious ms. notations. Publishers' advertisements on lower board.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture, Modern -- 19th century -- France -- Paris.Davison, T. -- Printer.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1814.Paris (France) -- Buildings, structures, etc. -- Guidebooks.Paris (France) -- Guidebooks.Sherwood, Neely and Jones -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.