Ashbee and Dangerfield, lithographic artists & printers in colors, ornamental designers and engravers on wood & copper : 22 Bedford Street, Covent Garden, London, W.C.
- [London] : [Ashbee & Dangerfield], [between 1855 and 1860].
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet ( page) ; 32 x 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ151.5.A37 A37 1855a+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Ashbee & Dangerfield were active at 22 Bedford Street from 1855 to 1860. See: Wakeman, G. A guide to nineteenth century colour printers.
"[Ashbee & Dangerfield] are best known as printers of some of the gift books illuminated by Samuel Stanesby ... The illumination was done in chromolithography, principally with solid colours and gold ..."--Wakeman, G. A guide to nineteenth century colour printers.
Lithographed advertisement for Ashbee & Dangerfield, printed in purple ink. Services provided include original designs to illustrate works of fiction, poems, etc.; portraits; title pages; heraldic drawings; fac-similes; bird's eye views, maps, plans, diagrams, and "every variety of plates required for works relating to the arts & sciences."
- Subject Terms:
- Ashbee & Dangerfield.Book industries and trade -- Great Britain.Engravers -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Great Britain.Lithographers -- Great Britain.Lithography -- Great Britain.Printers -- Great Britain.Printing -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- 1855-1860.
YCBA Collections Search
Ashbee & Dangerfield, Ashbee and Dangerfield, lithographic artists & printers in colors, ornamental designers and engravers on wood & copper : 22 Bedford Street, Covent Garden, London, W.C, [between 1855 and 1860]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.