Georgia illustrated in a series of views : embracing natural scenery and public edifices / engraved on steel by Rawdon, Wright, Hatch and Smillie ; from sketches made expressly for this work, by T. Addison Richards ; accompanied by historical and topographical sketches, by our own writers ; edited by William C. Richards.
- Stereotype edition.
- Penfield, Geo. : Published by W. & W.C. Richards, 1842
New York : Printed by William Osborn, 88 William-Street
- Physical Description:
- , 44 pages,  leaves of plates : illustrations ; 29 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsF290 .R63 1842+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Printer's statement from title page verso.
With an added engraved title page, dated 1841.
Originally published in parts, January-November, 1841.
Sabin, J. Dictionary of books relating to America from its discovery to the present time, 70963
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in bound in publisher's contempory black cloth. Gilt emblem with title stamped on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Georgia -- Description and travel.Georgia -- Pictorial works.W. & W.C. Richards -- Publisher.
- Steel engravings -- 1842.
Viewbooks -- Georgia -- 1842.
- The State House (vignette)
- Rock Mountain
- Oglethorpe University
- Tallulah Falls
- Georgia Female College
- The Fall of Toccoa
- Pulaski Monument-Christ Church (Savannah)
- Falls of the Towaliga
- Rock Mountain, (North side)
- The Lover's Leap, (Chattahoochee River)
- Brownwood Female Institute
- City of Columbus
- Medical College of Georgia.