Spaces / Telfer Stokes.
- London : Weproductions, 1974.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.S86 S63 1974Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jock ReynoldsView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Front cover trimmed at top right to create impression of fold, labelled 'dog ear'.
Spaces starts off as a series of seemingly straightforward presentations of photographic facts: the flatiron building, a studio interior, another city building. These are interspersed with various kinds of typewriter paper identified only by name in their upper right hand corners that are suspiciously hard to tell apart. The images proceed to get more confusing and unreliable as the book progresses. Pictures that seem to be fixed illustrations of newspaper articles take on a life of their own while the text around them remains stable. The scale of everything shifts radically when the camera pulls out to reveal the newspaper as part of a much larger collage propped up against a big arched doorway
Page 39-40 printed on blue paper.
Bury, S. Artists' books, 1995, p. 88
Victoria and Albert Museum. Open and closed book, F327
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Photography, Artistic.Weproductions -- Publisher
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.