Stokes, Telfer, Back to back , 1980
- Back to back / Telfer Stokes.
- Yarrow, Selkirkshire, Scotland : Published by Weproductions, 1980.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.S86 B33 1980Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jock ReynoldsAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Signatures of sixteen pages are used to explore visual narrative in relation to both the central double spread and the single pages to either side of it; on the left leading up to the centre and on the right away from the centre. In addition, the first and last page of each signature provides the place for text which serves to link the story one from signature to the next. The movement in the story is from the fireside kitchen stove--the inside--to the outside, along sheep trails to the hills and then back again by stream, river, to lake. Printed Letterpress in an edition of 500 by Stokes ..."--Publisher's website.
Bury, S. Artists' books, p. 120
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Artists' books -- Scotland.Narrative art.Photography, Artistic.Weproductions -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.