IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Stokes, Telfer, Back to back , 1980
Back to back / Telfer Stokes.
- Yarrow, Selkirkshire, Scotland : Published by Weproductions, 1980.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.S86 B33 1980Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Jock ReynoldsView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "Signatures of sixteen pages are used to explore visual narrative in relation to both the central double spread and the single pages to either side of it; on the left leading up to the centre and on the right away from the centre. In addition, the first and last page of each signature provides the place for text which serves to link the story one from signature to the next. The movement in the story is from the fireside kitchen stove--the inside--to the outside, along sheep trails to the hills and then back again by stream, river, to lake. Printed Letterpress in an edition of 500 by Stokes ..."--Publisher's website.
Bury, S. Artists' books, p. 120
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Artists' books -- Scotland.Narrative art.Photography, Artistic.Weproductions -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.