Old London street cries and the cries of to-day, with heaps of quaint cuts including hand-coloured frontispiece: by Andrew W. Tuer ...
- London, Field & Tuer [etc.]; 1885.
New York, Scribner & Welford, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. l., 137 p. col. front., illus. 14 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA688 T94 1885 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- SML ByzL 72ga: Variant. The coloring of the frontispiece varies. At foot of title-page: Rights reserved: wrongs revenged. The wood-cuts are in a different state. Page 65 is unnumbered in ByzL 72g: it is numbered in ByzL 72ga.
BAC,REF DA688 T94 1885 (LC): At foot of t.p.: Rights reserved: wrongs revenged.
"Ten of the illustrations, by ... Thomas Rowlandson, are copied in facsimile from a scarce set ... published in 1820." cf. p. 117.
"The 'Cries' have been sufficiently well received in bolder form at a guinea, to induce the publication of this additionally illustrated extension at the ... price of a shilling."--Introd., p. 
- Subject Terms:
- Cries -- England -- London.Jennings, Annie Burr -- Bookplate.Jennings, Annie Burr -- Donor.Lewis, Annie Burr Auchincloss, 1902-1959 -- Ownership.
- Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1885.
YCBA Collections Search
Tuer, Andrew White, 1838-1900, Old London street cries and the cries of to-day,, 1885