IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Tuer, Andrew White, 1838-1900, Old London street cries and the cries of to-day,, 1885
Old London street cries and the cries of to-day, with heaps of quaint cuts including hand-coloured frontispiece: by Andrew W. Tuer ...
- London, Field & Tuer [etc.]; 1885.
New York, Scribner & Welford, 1885.
- Physical Description:
- 1 p. l., 137 p. col. front., illus. 14 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA688 T94 1885 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email email@example.com]
- Full Orbis Record:
- SML ByzL 72ga: Variant. The coloring of the frontispiece varies. At foot of title-page: Rights reserved: wrongs revenged. The wood-cuts are in a different state. Page 65 is unnumbered in ByzL 72g: it is numbered in ByzL 72ga.
BAC,REF DA688 T94 1885 (LC): At foot of t.p.: Rights reserved: wrongs revenged.
"Ten of the illustrations, by ... Thomas Rowlandson, are copied in facsimile from a scarce set ... published in 1820." cf. p. 117.
"The 'Cries' have been sufficiently well received in bolder form at a guinea, to induce the publication of this additionally illustrated extension at the ... price of a shilling."--Introd., p. 
- Subject Terms:
- Cries -- England -- London.Jennings, Annie Burr -- Bookplate.Jennings, Annie Burr -- Donor.Lewis, Annie Burr Auchincloss, 1902-1959 -- Ownership.
- Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1885.