IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, An essay on the education of the eye , 1839
An essay on the education of the eye : with reference to painting / illustrated by copper plates and wood cuts by John Burnet ; author of Practical hints on painting.
- Second edition.
- London : J. Carpenter, 1839.
- Physical Description:
- viii, , 73 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1488 B88 1827+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Plates are numbered: 1-4, 4*, 5-6.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 101
BAC: Bound with: Practical treatise on painting : in three parts / John Burnet. London : J. Carpenter, 1827.
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy.
Plates are dated 1837.
Illustrations by John Burnet; after Masaccio, Raphael, Reynolds.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1839.Painting -- Study and teaching.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.