Practical hints on light and shade in painting : illustrated by examples from the Italian, Flemish, and Dutch schools / by John Burnet.
- Additional Title(s):
Burnet on light and shade in painting.
- Fifth edition.
- London, James Carpenter, 1838.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 45,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1135 B8 1838+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Later published as part of a work, by the author, with title: A treatise on painting, in four parts.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Chiswick.
Illustrations by John Burnet; after Rembrandt, Van Dyke, Metzu, Titian, G. Dow, Correggio, P. Nolpe, Culp, P. Potter, A. Vandivelde, Claude, J. Ostade, Hondekooter, Wouvermans, Teniers, and Frank Hals.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement:  p. at end.
BAC: Bound in original brown boards, as issued.
BAC: Label on front cover: Burnet on light and shade in painting.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpenter, James -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1829.Painting.Perspective.Shades and shadows.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Burnet, John, 1784-1868, Practical hints on light and shade in painting , 1838
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.