Songs of Shakespeare / illustrated by the Etching Club.
- London : Printed by Gad & Keningale, 1843.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves of plates : ill. ; 42 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2009 72Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- Engraved title page, text, and illustrations.
Etchings by Richard Ansdell, Samuel Palmer, James Clark Hook, Charles Stonhouse, John Bell, Charles West Cope, Frank Stone, Thomas Creswick, John Knight, Richard Redgrave, John Callcott Horsley, Frederick Tayler, Thomas Webster, and Henry James Townsend.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in quarter red roan and gilt-stamped red cloth. Presentation label to the Royal Polytechnic Union mounted on verso of front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1843.Etching -- Specimens -- 1843.Gad & Keningale -- Printer.Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Illustrations.
- Ariel's song (Tempest)
- Youth and age (The passionate pilgrim)
- "Under the greenwood tree" (As you like it)
- Drinking song (Othello)
- The song of poor Barbara (Othello)
- "My lady sweet, arise" (Cymbeline)
- The forester's song (As you like it)
- "Where the bee sucks" (Tempest)
- Autolysus'song (Winter's tale)
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.