Strange's pocket scrap book for young ladies and gentlemen : containing views of all the public places of amusement, watering places, etc. etc. : part IV.
- Additional Title(s):
Pocket scrap book for young ladies and gentlemen
- London : Published by W. Strange, Paternoster Row, [between 1841 and 1849]
- Physical Description:
- pt. : chiefly ill. ; 11 x 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 .S77 1840zYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title. "Part IV" transposed from upper left corner of wrapper.
Plates engraved and printed by George Dawe.
George Dawe traded at 9 Southampton Place from 1841 to 1849. Cf. Todd, W.B. Directory of printers.
"In monthly parts, beautifully engraved on steel, six plates in each part : price sixpence, plain : coloured, one shilling"--Front wrapper.
View of Zoological gardens, Regent Park on front wrapper.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original illustrated wrappers.
- Subject Terms:
- Dawe, George, 1781-1829 -- Printer.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Historic buildings -- England -- London -- Pictorial works.London (England) -- Buildings structures, etc. -- Pictorial works.London (England) -- Pictorial works.Steel engraving, Colored -- Specimens -- between 1841 and 1849.Strange, William -- Publisher.
- Westminster Abbey
- Custom House
- Greenwich Church
- Margate Pier
- Margate Mills.