Other men's flowers , 1994
- Other men's flowers : a text publication by fifteen London based artists / curated by Joshua Compston.
- [London] : Published by the Paragon Press, 1994.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 62 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2009 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Booth-Clibborn in memory of Joshua CompstonAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Consists of 15 text-pieces, title-page, introduction and a colophon page by 15 London-based artists, curated by Joshua Compston. The artists are: Henry Bond, Stuart Brisley, Don Brown, Helen Chadwick, Mat Collishaw, Itai Doron, Tracey Emin, Angus Fairhurst, Liam Gillick, Andrew Herman, Gary Hume, Sarah Staton, Sam Taylor-Wood, Gavin Turk, Max Wigram.
"All prints are of a uniform 47 cm by 61 cm and are screenprinted and/or printed letterpress by Thomas Shaw and Simon Redington."--Title page/colophon page.
"There are two different editions of Other men's flowers. A portfolio edition of 50 copies, with 20 artist proofs, consisting of individually signed and numbered prints, a title page, an introduction and a colophon page, all presented in a box. A book edition of 100 copies, with 20 artists proofs, consisting of 15 prints, a title page and a colophon page signed by all the artists, presented in a box."--Title page/colophon page.
The title of the Other Men's Flowers portfolio is taken from that of the war-time poetry anthology of Field-Marshall Viscount Wavell (published 1944), itself derived from Montaigne.
Contemporary British art in print. Edinburgh, 1995, p. 198/199
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 35 of 100 in the "book edition," signed on the title page by all the contributing artists. In publisher's original blue box.
- Subject Terms:
- Paragon Press -- Publisher
- Livres d'artistes.
Screen prints -- 1994.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.