Other men's flowers : a text publication by fifteen London based artists / curated by Joshua Compston.
- [London] : Published by the Paragon Press, 1994.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 62 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2009 2Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Booth-Clibborn in memory of Joshua CompstonAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "All prints are of a uniform 47 cm by 61 cm and are screenprinted and/or printed letterpress by Thomas Shaw and Simon Redington."--Title page/colophon page.
"There are two different editions of Other men's flowers. A portfolio edition of 50 copies, with 20 artist proofs, consisting of individually signed and numbered prints, a title page, an introduction and a colophon page, all presented in a box. A book edition of 100 copies, with 20 artists proofs, consisting of 15 prints, a title page and a colophon page signed by all the artists, presented in a box."--Title page/colophon page.
The title of the Other Men's Flowers portfolio is taken from that of the war-time poetry anthology of Field-Marshall Viscount Wavell (published 1944), itself derived from Montaigne.
Contemporary British art in print. Edinburgh, 1995, p. 198/199
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 35 of 100 in the "book edition," signed on the title page by all the contributing artists. In publisher's original blue box.
Consists of 15 text-pieces, title-page, introduction and a colophon page by 15 London-based artists, curated by Joshua Compston. The artists are: Henry Bond, Stuart Brisley, Don Brown, Helen Chadwick, Mat Collishaw, Itai Doron, Tracey Emin, Angus Fairhurst, Liam Gillick, Andrew Herman, Gary Hume, Sarah Staton, Sam Taylor-Wood, Gavin Turk, Max Wigram.
- Subject Terms:
- Paragon Press -- Publisher
- Livres d'artistes.
Screen prints -- 1994.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.