Schippeitaro , Meiji 21 
- Schippeitaro / translated by Mrs. T.H. James.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Title in Japanese on p.  of cover: Shippei Tarō
Shippei Tarō. English.
- Tokyo : T. Hasegawa, Meiji 21 
- Physical Description:
-  p. : col. ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGR340 .J357 1888Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Elizabeth and Horace Tower in memory of Cynthia Gay WrightAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Pollock 869: From the library of Lincoln Kirstein.
"The following story has been current in all parts of Japan from ancient times. Slightly different versions exist in different provinces but the most widely known is the one here given."--Preface.
Translation of Japanese on p.  of cover: Illustrated by Suzuki Sōzaburō, published Dec. 1, 1888.
On double leaves, Japanese style (fukurotoji), crepe paper.
Series title also in Japanese on p.  of cover: Nihon mukashibanashi ; dai 17-gō.
- Subject Terms:
- Cats -- Juvenile fiction.Dogs -- Juvenile fiction.Fairy tales -- Japan.Folklore -- Japan.Kirstein, Lincoln, 1907- -- Ownership.
- Fairy tales.
Folk tales -- Japan -- 19th century.
Crepe papers (Paper)
Woodblock printed papers.
Chromoxylographs -- 1888.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.