Smith, Alison, The Victorian nude , c1996
The Victorian nude : sexuality, morality, and art / Alison Smith.
- Manchester ; Manchester University Press : c1996.
New York : Manchester University Press : c1996.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 256 p., 8 p. of col. plates : ill. ; 25 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6767 S55 1996 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliography: (p. 242-250) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art and morals.Art, English.Art, Victorian -- England.Female nude in art.Sex in art.
- The nude in early Victorian England, 1837-1860
- The renaissance of the nude
- The body politic.