Magic reader / Alan Davie.
- [London] : Paragon Press, 1988.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : all ill. ; 43 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A N 213Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Booth-ClibbornAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Articles & Chapters
- 53 copies printed (lithographed throughout) by Ian Lawson, Herefordshire, on Vellum Arches paper. There were also 45 copies issued as portfolios of the prints.
"Published by Charles Booth-Clibborn ... under his imprint the Paragon Press"--Colophon.
Colophon leaf, designed by the artist, is reproduced from handwriting and printed by Simon King.
Issued in white paper covers with additional ill. on front cover, screen printed from the artist's design by Arthur Watson. Black endleaves; covers attached to back endleaf only, exposing signatures stitched with purple thread. In royal purple cloth portfolio and slipcase, both lined in gold foil. Binding structure and case designed by the artist and executed by Cathy Robert, London.
Contemporary British art in print, 1995 p.78/79.
Print Collector's newsletter, v.19, no 6 (Jan./Feb. 1989) p. 230.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 3 of 53, signed by the artist.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Booth Clibborn, Charles -- Publisher.Davie, Alan, 1920-Lawson, Ian, -- Printer.Paragon Press -- Publisher.Prints, British.Robert, Cathy, -- Binder.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Lithographs -- 1988.
Screen prints -- 1988.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.