A twelve day walk and eighty four paces / by Hamish Fulton.
- London : Paragon Press, 1991.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. ; 32 x 56 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B N 35Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Charles Booth-ClibbornView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- Limited edition of 35 copies and 10 proof copies printed on Huntsman Modern Artpaper at Eclipse Litho Limited, London.
Text and ill. "printed by hand using off-set lithography on a flat-bed proofing press"--Colophon.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. , signed by the artist.
Artist's book which documents a "twelve day walking journey in Ladakh, crossing twelve mountain passes, from Lamayura to Dras, Northern India, July 1984" and the repeated "no thoughts counting eighty four paces, Kent, England [various dates in] 1988, 1989, 1990". The narrative sequence of these two events is realised in the pair of images on each double page opening. Repetition of text and line of the route on the left hand page is juxtaposed with graphic representation of the sky on the date of the seven paces inquestion on the right hand page. The expository pair of images are in black/red/green on cream paper; the remainder are in white on black paper.
Cased in black cloth boards, blind impressed with key image of mountain journey on front and image from "eighty four paces" on back cover.
Published by Charles Booth-Clibborn under his imprint the Paragon Press.
Contemporary British art in print, 1995. p. 94/95.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Booth-Clibborn, Charles -- Publisher.Eclipse Litho Limited -- Printer.Fulton, Hamish.India -- Description and travel.Kent (England) -- Description and travel.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1991.Paragon Press -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.