Pages of the wound : poems, drawings, photographs 1956-94 / John Berger.
- Notting Hill [London, England] : Circle Press, 1994.
- Physical Description:
-  p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill., photographs ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 B47 P3 1994+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- "This book was designed and printed at Circle Press, Notting Hill,by John Christie. The text was hand-set in 12 point Helvetica and printed letterpress onto 270 gsm BFK Rives Blanc rag paper. 'At Remaurian' was first published as a small inset book in Typographica 11 (1965). The mounted photographs in this new version of the sequence were hand-printed from the original negatives. The two 'Road' drawings, specially made for this book, were printed by Pennington Fine Art Lithographers, Surrey Quays, London. The binding was carried out by Perstella Ltd, Wimborne, Dorset. ..."--Colophon.
"Half of these poems are published ... for the first time. The others have appeared ... in various newspapers, magazines and books"--Colophon.
Issued in case.
"This edition ... is limited to ninety signed and numbered copies plus five copies marked A.P."-P..
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 32 of 90; signed. Photograph of John Berger's daughter Katya laid in. Prospectus placed in Artists' books ephemera file.
Courtney, C. Private views & other containers. London, 1992. p. 138-139.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press -- Publisher.English poetry.Pennington Fine Art Lithographers -- Printer.Perstella Ltd. -- Binder.Photography.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
Lithographs -- 1994.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.