French, Gilbert J. (Gilbert James), 1804-1866, Hints on the arrangement of colours in ancient decorative art , 1850
- Hints on the arrangement of colours in ancient decorative art : with some observations on the theory of complementary colours / by G. J. French.
- Second edition.
- Manchester [England] : Printed by Charles Simms and Co., 1850.
- Physical Description:
- 32 p. ; 17 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1548 .F74 1850Yale Center for British Art, Gift of William ZachsAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in gilt-stamped red morocco; fleur-de-lis incorporating name "Gilbert French" and initials F.S.A. on front cover. Inscribed: To Gilbert Joseph French from his affectionate father the author. 24 April 1861.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Study and teaching.Color decoration and ornament -- Technique.French, Gilbert J. (Gilbert James), 1804-1866 -- Pres. inscription to his son Gilbert Joseph French, 24 April 1861.French, Gilbert Joseph -- Pres. inscription from his affection father the author, 24 April 1861.Simms, Charles and Co. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.