The looking book : a pocket history of Circle Press 1967-96 / Cathy Courtney.
- London : Circle Press, 
- Physical Description:
- 179,  p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.3 .C68 1996Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Camberwell College of ArtsView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "This book has been written as part of the London Institute's Research Project 'The Art of the Book 1960 to the Present Day,' which is based at Camberwell College of Arts and run in collaboration with Chelsea College of Art and Design, and for which Cathy Courtney is the Research Assistant, 1996-7."--Page 178.
"Designed by Thomas Manss & Company, London, and is set in Quadraat regular, bold and italic. Cover illustration and scenes from the Alphabet by Ronald King. Printed by Gavin Martin in a limited edition of 1000"--P.
Edition limited to 1,000 copies, initialed by Ron King.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in wire embossed orange paper wrapper. No. 94 of a limited edition of 1,000 copies. Signed by Ron King.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Circle Press.King, Ronald, 1932-
- Artists' books.
- Thirty years of Circle Press
- Selected books and prints
- Scenes from the alphabet --The prologue
- Sightings I-IX & Red easy a color
- A line that may be cut
- The song of Solomon
- Circle Press poetry posters and pamphlets
- Bluebeard's castle
- Landscapes and figures
- Neighbours we'll not part tonight
- The flea
- Sovereign arts book program
- The alphabet series
- The left-handed punch
- The British Library series
- The London series
- Anansi Company.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.