IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Simon, Jacob, The art of the picture frame , c1996
The art of the picture frame : artists, patrons and the framing of portraits in Britain / Jacob Simon.
- London : National Portrait Gallery, c1996.
- Physical Description:
- 224 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8551 E5 S55 1996 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- LWL 733 996 S56: Dust jacket.
"Published for the exhibition held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, from 8 November 1996 to 9 February 1997"--P. 
- Subject Terms:
- Artists and patrons -- Influence.Picture frames and framing -- Great Britain -- History.
- Attitudes to picture framing in Britain and abroad.--The techniques and practice of the framemaker.--The development of the picture frame.--The artist and the picture frame.--Patrons and their advisers.--Framemakers and the business of framemaking.--A survey of picture frames in the National Portrait Gallery.