Simon, Jacob, The art of the picture frame , c1996
- The art of the picture frame : artists, patrons and the framing of portraits in Britain / Jacob Simon.
- London : National Portrait Gallery, c1996.
- Physical Description:
- 224 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 29 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8551 E5 S55 1996 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LWL 733 996 S56: Dust jacket.
"Published for the exhibition held at the National Portrait Gallery, London, from 8 November 1996 to 9 February 1997"--P. 
- Attitudes to picture framing in Britain and abroad.--The techniques and practice of the framemaker.--The development of the picture frame.--The artist and the picture frame.--Patrons and their advisers.--Framemakers and the business of framemaking.--A survey of picture frames in the National Portrait Gallery.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists and patrons -- Influence.Picture frames and framing -- Great Britain -- History.