The hand-book of useful and ornamental amusements and accomplishments : including artificial flower making, engraving, etching, painting in all its styles, modelling, carving in wood, ivory, and shell, also fancy work of every description / by a lady.
- London : Smith, Elder, and co. 1845.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 315, 24 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNK1105 L33 1845Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped red publisher's cloth.
Printed by Stewart and Murray, Old Bailey.
BAC: Bound by Westleys & Clark, London.
British Museum. General catalogue of printed books to 1955 (compact edition), v.14, 495
- Subject Terms:
- Artificial flowers.Decorative arts -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Engraving -- Technique.Etching -- Specimens -- 1845.Etching -- Technique.Fancy work -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Graphic arts -- Technique.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Handicraft -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Ivory carving -- Technique.Needlework -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Smith, Elder, and Co. -- Publishers.Stewart and Murray -- Printer.Wood-carving -- Technique.
YCBA Collections Search
Lady, The hand-book of useful and ornamental amusements and accomplishments , 1845
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.