The theory of colouring : being an analysis of the principles of contrast and harmony in the arrangement of colours, with their application to the study of nature, and hints on the composition of pictures, etc. / by J. Bacon.
- Fourth edition : revised and enlarged.
- London : G. Rowney, 1872.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 58, 20 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1488 B3 1872Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- BAC: Publisher's advertisement: 20 p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped blue publisher's cloth.
BAC: Pencil annotations on rear endpaper.
- Subject Terms:
- Color -- Study and teaching.Rowney, George -- Publisher.
- Chromolithographs -- 1872.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.