The Grand Tour : the lure of Italy in the eighteenth century / edited by Andrew Wilton and Ilaria Bignamini.
- Additional Title(s):
Lure of Italy in the eighteenth century
- London : Tate Gallery Publishing, 1996.
- Physical Description:
- 328 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 30 cm.
- Reference LibraryN8214.5 I8 G7 1996 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Non-Yale users must make an appointment to use the Reference Library. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Catalog of an exhibition held at the Tate Gallery, London, Oct. 10, 1996-Jan. 5, 1997 and the Palazzo delle esposizioni, Rome, Feb. 5-Apr. 7, 1997.
The Lewis Walpole Library loaned two paintings to this exhibition.
Includes bibliographical references (p. 306-315) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- 18th century -- Italian influences -- Exhibitions.British -- Travel -- Italy -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Europeans -- Travel -- Italy -- History -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Italy -- Description and travel -- Exhibitions.Italy -- In art -- Exhibitions.Tate Gallery -- Donor.
YCBA Collections Search
The Grand Tour , 1996