Whittock, N. (Nathaniel), 1791-1860, A picturesque guide through Dublin , 
A picturesque guide through Dublin / by N. Whittock, Esq.
- London : J. Cornish, 1 Middle Row Holborn; Dublin, 18 Grafton St., and 37 Lord Street, Liverpool, 
- Physical Description:
- vi, 140 p.,  folded leaf of plates : ill., plan ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA995.D8 W45 1846Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- T.p. engraved in red, blue, black, and gold ink
Printed by J. Billing, printer and stereotyper, Woking.
Title and imprint on front cover reads "A picturesque guide through Dublin : with a map of the city and eighteen views of the principal buildings, &c. Dublin; Mes Cornish, 18, Grafton Street; 37, Lord Street, Liverpool; and 297, High Holborn, London.
Date of publication from Anderson.
Advertisement, p. [iii]-iv, dated 1846.
Numerous wood-engravings within text.
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 433
BAC: British Art Center copy in original blue printed wrappers. Inscribed: R.H. Wheatland.
- Subject Terms:
- Billing, J. -- Printer.Cornish, J. -- Publisher.Dublin (Ireland) -- Guidebooks.Ireland -- Description and travel.Wheatland, R. H. -- Provenance.
- Chromoxylographs -- .
Wood engravings -- .
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.