A handbook for travellers in southern Italy and Sicily; comprising the description of Naples and its environs, Pompeii, Herculaneum, Vesuvius, Sorrento; the islands of Capri, and Ischia; Amalfi, Pastum, and Capua, the Abruzzi and Calabria; Palermo, Girgenti, the Greek temples, and Messina.
- 9th ed., rev. and cor. on the spot ...
- London, J. Murray, 1892-
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. maps (part fold.) plans (part fold.) 18 cm.
- Reference LibraryDG416 M985 1892 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Articles & Chapters
- Paged continuously. Title varies.
"This edition differs from its predecessors in two important points. An account of Sicily, abridged from the original Handbook by Mr. George Dennis, but also revised upon the spot, has been included; and all information of an ephemeral nature ... has been remitted to a general index and directory for 1903."
Part 1 first published 1853 under title: Handbook for travellers in southern Italy. By Octavian Blewitt.
- Subject Terms:
- Italy -- Guidebooks.Sicily (Italy) -- Guidebooks.
YCBA Collections Search
John Murray (Firm), A handbook for travellers in southern Italy and Sicily;, 1892-