Journal of a visit to some parts of Ethiopia / by George Waddington ... and the Rev. Barnard Hanbury ... ; with maps and other engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Waddington's Travels in Ethiopia
Travels in Ethiopia
- London : John Murray, 1822.
- Physical Description:
- vi, , 333,  p.,  leaves of plates ( folded) : ill., maps ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT123 .W33 1822+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Spine title, on publisher's printed label: Waddington's Travels in Ethiopia.
Lithographs by Agostino Aglio. Printed by N. Chater.
Maps engraved by John Walker.
Printed by William Clowes, Northumberland Court.
Publisher's advertisements,  p. at end
Abbey, J.R. Travel in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 289
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in brown paper covered boards with publisher's printed spine label.
- Subject Terms:
- Africa, North -- Description and travel.Chater, N. -- Printer.Clowes, William -- Printer.Egypt -- Description and travel.Egypt -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1822.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1822.Murray, John -- Publisher.Nile River -- Description and travel.Travel literature
- Travel literature.
- Map of the Nile from Wady Halfa to Merawe
- Map of the course of the Nile
- General plan of the antiquities of Djebel el Berkel
- Plan of the principal temples of Djebel el Beskel
- Pyramids of Djebel el Berkel
- Plans of the Temples of Sasef, Soleb, and Doshe
- A native of D'ongola
- [Nubian ferry boat]
- Djebel el Berkel
- Figures of Bacchus at Djebel el Berkel
- Figure in the portico of the fifth pyramid at Djebel el Berkel
- Pyramids at El Bellal
- A saint's tomb
- Castle of Koke
- Sculptures at Sóleb
- Temple of Sóleb
- Capitals found at old D'ongola. Figures of Ammon at Saleb.