Dickens, Charles, 1812-1870, The adventures of Oliver Twist, or, The parish boy's progress , 1846 [i.e. 1855?]
- The adventures of Oliver Twist, or, The parish boy's progress / by Charles Dickens ; with twenty-four illustrations on steel by George Cruikshank.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Adventures of Oliver Twist
Parish boy's progress
- New edition / revised and corrected.
- London : Published for the author by Bradbury & Evans, 1846 [i.e. 1855?]
- Physical Description:
- xii, 311 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4567 .A1 1855Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Gloria ScheuerAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- Originally issued in parts.
Printed by Bradbury and Evans, Whitefriars.
Author's preface indicates this is "The third edition"; preface is dated April, 1841. Publisher's advertisements on lining papers include quotations from book reviews, latest one dated Nov. 10, 1855.
Cohn, A.M. George Cruikshank, 240
Podeschi, J.B. Dickens, A39, 2nd copy
BEIN Gimbel/Dickens A39 2: Bookseller's label: Folthorp, North Street, Brighton. Ms. annotations.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original blue cloth, with publisher's advertisements on front and rear pastedowns and the preliminary fly leaf and end fly leaf. Includes an additional steel engraved portrait of Dickens by Geo. E. Perine for the 'Ecletic', laid in. Pasted at front are two copies of a postage stamp celebrating the Dickens centeary (1812-1912).
- Subject Terms:
- Bradbury & Evans -- Publisher.Etching -- Specimens -- 1855.Scheuer, Gloria -- Provenance.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1855.
- Publishers' advertisements -- England -- London -- 1855.
Booksellers' labels (Provenance) -- Folthorp.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.