Partridge, Ian, 1938- prf, Songs by Finzi and his friends, p1981
- Songs by Finzi and his friends [sound recording].
- Alternate Title(s):
- Title on container: Gerald Finzi 25th anniversary celebration 1981
- London : Hyperion, p1981.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sound disc : analog, 33 1/3 rpm, stereo. ; 12 in.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 103Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- Musical Sound Recordings
- The Finzi works are sets of songs.
Ian Partridge, tenor ; Stephen Roberts, baritone ; Clifford Benson, piano.
Recorded Feb. 8-9, 1981.
Program notes by Diana McVeagh on container.
"Songs by Finzi & His Friends' long-play record for the 25th Anniversary Celebration of Gerald Finzi's death in 1956. Drawn four-color sleeve (310 x 314 mm) illustrated and designed by Richard Shirley Smith."--Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 103
BAC: British Art Center copy lacks the record and the text insert (comprises illustrated album jacket only).
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
Library's copy lacks text insert.
- To a poet, op. 13a / Gerald Finzi (18 min.) ; texts, J. E. Flicker, Sir William Jones, Thomas Traherne, Walter de la Mare, F. L. Lucas, George Barker -- If it's ever spring again (Thomas Hardy) ; The colour (Hardy) ; So sweet love seemed (Robert Bridges) / Robin Milford -- O mistress mine! / Ernest Farrar ; text, Shakespeare -- Sleep (John Fletcher) ; Down by the Salley Gardens (Yeats) ; Hawk and Buckle (Robert Graves) / Ivor Gurney -- In memoriam / Harry Gill ; text, H.P. Dixon -- Oh fair to see, op. 13b / Finzi (15 min.) ; texts, Hardy, Christina Rossetti, Edward Shanks, Gurney, Edmund Blunden, Bridges.
- Subject Terms:
- Songs (High voice) with piano.Songs (Medium voice) with piano.Songs, English.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.