Waldron, F. G. (Francis Godolphin), 1744-1818, The biographical mirrour , 1795-
- The biographical mirrour : comprising a series of ancient and modern English portraits of eminent and distinguished persons, from original pictures and drawings.
- London : Published by S. and E. Harding, 1795-
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsHT653 G8 W35 1795+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Biographical texts by F.G. Waldron.
Published in parts.
Additional t.p. in v. 1: 'The biographical mirrour, or, connoiseur's [sic] repertory; ...', published by E. and S. Harding, no date.
Vol. 2 is dated 1798 and has the imprint: London: printed for Silvester Harding; J. Edwards; W.H. Lunn; A. Moltino; and J. Hatchard.
Vol. 3 is undated and has the imprint: T. North, printer. The lastest plate is dated 1814.
Illustrations by T. Nugent, Sylvester Harding, Sheneker, R. Clampe, Charles Knight, Edward Harding, Godfrey, G. Scott, James Fittler, William Nelson Gardiner, George Perfect Harding, Andrew Birrell, William P. Sherlock, William Nelson Gardiner, B. Granger, John Ogborne, Henry Cooke, James Stow; after Sylvester Harding, M. Wright, Verelli, [John] Hoskins, Isaac Oliver, and Sir Joshua Reynolds.
- Subject Terms:
- Bedford, John Russell, Duke of, 1766-1839 -- Bookplate.Edwards, J. -- Publisher.Harding, E. -- Publisher.Harding, S. -- Publisher.Hatchard, J. -- Publisher.Lunn, W.H. -- Publisher.Moltino, A. -- Publisher.Nobility -- Great Britain -- Biography -- Portraits.North, T. -- Printer.
- Mezzotints -- 1795-.
Wood engravings -- 1795-.
Stipple engravings -- 1795-.
Etchings -- 1795-.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.