On dog hair and sand / photographs, Johnny Magee ; words, Darren Umney ; design, Joe Magee ; photographic retouching, John Crabtree.
- Manchester [England] : Cornerhouse Publications, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- 215 p. : ill. ; 16 x 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.M35 O6 1995Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Articles & Chapters
- Foreword by Roger Wilson.
"The photographs in this book examine five aspects of operations within the South Yorkshire Police. Using a fusion of photographic styles, the work indicates an interaction between the interpretation and the contexts of the photographic image in our culture. Similar concerns can be found in the parallel texts which take the reader through (among other things) the history of photography, the production of integrated circuitry, the interminable internal dialogues of Franz Kafka, the alienation effect in Monet's paintings and the English Civil War. The images and text present the reader with a novel interface between the work of the police, the work of artists and works of art."--Back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Cornerhouse Publications -- Publisher.Photography, Artistic.South Yorkshire Police Service -- Pictorial works.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.