Estate / John Dilnot.
- [Liverpool [England]] : J. Dilnot, 1991.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 19 cm. x 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4.D45 E7 1991+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Edition limited to 500 numbered copies.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. .
Facing the Page: British Artist's Books: 1983-1993, p. 40
Collected house drawings produced to accompany an installation. 'Estate', the installation, is the realisation of one of these drawings. It consists of three hundred white plaster house forms packed tightly in a random fashion on to a large low platform. They are lit by blue spotlights which cast strong shadows and cause the sculpture to appear to change form as one walks around it. The shadows give the impression of being of more substance than the white houses.
"This book of collected house drawings has been made to commemorate an installation at Oldham Art Gallery : 7 September to 19 October 1991"--P.  of cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Dilnot, John -- Publisher.Installations, Art -- Great Britain.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.